Bring your students on-campus to inspire them to pursue their future career in Engineering. Our visit days are filled with practical activities and talks from current students and staff, so your students can get a feel for studying at university and how Derby can help make their dreams real.
Full Event Details:
Our events are filled with practical sessions and inspiring talks, and we can work with you to develop your visit day based on the timings and content that works best for you.
You can mix and match a variety of sessions on your visit day, including:
- Academic-led masterclasses and taster sessions
- Student Ambassador-led campus tours
- Student Ambassador Q&A panel
- Alumni talks, to hear from graduates on how they made their dreams real
- Information, advice and guidance sessions
Below is an example of an Engineering: Making it Real event, to give a flavour of what we can offer based on a 4-hour visit.
- Welcome talk, including information about how to apply to university
- An Academic masterclass such as Designing the Transport of the Future
- Extended tour of our facilities, including our computer labs, Engineering workshops and STEM Centre
- Careers in Engineering and Technology talk
- Student Q&A panel with current undergraduate students
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
This event is delivered at our institution. Please contact us
to arrange a date.
Minimum number of students: