Bring your students on-campus to inspire them to pursue their future career in Sport. Our taster days are filled with practical activities and talks from current students and staff, so your students can get a feel for studying at university and how Derby can help make their dreams real.
Our taster days are filled with practical sessions and inspiring talks. We can work with you to develop your day based on the timings and content that works best for you.
You can mix and match a variety of sessions on your taster day, including:
- Academic-led masterclasses and taster sessions
- Student Ambassador-led campus tours
- Student Ambassador Q&A panel
- Alumni talks, to hear from graduates on how they made their dreams real
- Information, advice and guidance sessions
Below is an example of a Sport and Exercise Science taster day, to give a flavour of what we can offer based on a 4-hour visit.
- Welcome talk, including information about how to apply to university
- An Academic masterclass
- Extended tour of our facilities, including our Biomechanics and Performance Analysis Suite, Physiology laboratory, Library, Sports Centre and Union of Students
- Careers in Sport talk
- Student Q&A panel with current undergraduate students