Discover Journalism, Creative Writing, Television & Film Production and Media Studies and find your voice as storyteller.
Full Event Details:
Find your voice as storyteller and cast light on the power of media, whether reporting breaking news or producing visually impactful films, TV and documentaries.
If you see yourself operating a camera, as a journalist, or as a producer steering a film from start to finish, then you’re ready for a career in Film, Media and Communications.
Discover what it’s like to study a degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, Film, Television & Broadcasting and Film and Media Studies at our Taster Day, and get ready to make your mark in the creative industry.
You’ll explore some of the latest equipment in our studios, the wide-range of rewarding careers open to you as a graduate, and chat to students studying different courses.
At our Taster Day, you'll:
– Choose to explore different tasters – from either Journalism & Creative Writing, Film TV & Broadcasting, or Film & Media Studies
– Check out links to industry and how to kick-start your career in different and highly rewarding creative fields
– Finesse your interviewing and headline-writing skills in our Journalism and Creative Write strand
– Get hands-on with multi-camera directing and professional quality equipment in the the Film & TV Production strand
– Explore para-sociality, narrative, themes, sound and visuals our Film & Media strand
– Gain useful experience that you can talk about on your UCAS personal statement, showing your passion film, media and communications
– Find out about transferable skills you’ll develop during your studies that will make you highly employable
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
Individuals (Enquiry not required to be through a school)