Bring your students on-campus to inspire them to pursue a career in Computing and Maths. Our taster days are filled with practical activities and talks from current students and staff, so your students can get a feel for studying at university and how Derby can help make their dreams real.
Our taster days are filled with practical sessions and inspiring talks. We can work with you to develop your day based on the timings and content that works best for you.
You can mix and match a variety of sessions on your taster day, including:
- Academic-led masterclasses and taster sessions
- Student Ambassador-led campus tours
- Student Ambassador Q&A panel
- Alumni talks, to hear from graduates on how they made their dreams real
- Information, advice and guidance sessions
Below is an example of a Computing and Maths taster day, to give a flavour of what we can offer based on a 4-hour visit.
- Welcome talk, including information about how to apply to university
- An Academic masterclass such as Computer Games Programming
- Extended tour of our facilities, including our computer labs, Network and Security suite and STEM Centre
- Careers in Computing and/or Maths talk
- Student Q&A panel with current undergraduate students